Who we are
Vesper is the fastest growing commodity intelligence platform in the market. Trusted and loved by some of the world’s largest companies (Nestlé, Cargill, Danone), we combine the latest in data science and artificial intelligence with deep domain expertise, as we set out to transform this enormous and traditional industry with cutting-edge tech. Vesper provides the eyes, ears and number-crunching advantage to buyers, sellers and commodity professionals; offering a real-time, personalized user-friendly view of the global commodity marketplace.
And our journey is just getting started!
After a successful launch and campaign to become leading in the dairy industry, Vesper is now expanding rapidly. We’re setting out to capture other commodity markets, provide new service offerings, and continue to delight our customers with the greatest commodity intelligence product on the market.
We are building a team of passionate and talented people who are eager to contribute to this growth and help us write our story.
What you will be doing
- Continuously enhancing time series forecasting and NLP projects
- Exploring new possibilities for data science applications within Vesper
- Identifying areas for improvement in our processes and approaches
- Staying abreast of the latest technological developments
- Maintaining and optimizing our machine learning pipelines (MLOps)
What you will bring
- Good written and oral communication skills, being able to work with people from different teams (e.g. Sales, Data Research)
- Experience in time series forecasting and NLP
- Experience with writing production-level code
- Bringing projects into production, preferably with AWS
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- STEM Master’s degree
- Initiative and the ability to lead small projects (Results-oriented, proactive and decisive)
- Fluency in Python
- A curious and creative mindset
- Willingness to work in a dynamic workplace, learn quickly and adapt to a changing product
- Open-minded attitude, embracing diversity and respecting cultural differences.
What you will get:
- Trust and autonomy to perform in your role
- Possibility to implement new ideas and work on additional projects
- International team of 60+ people from all over the world and an inclusive culture
- A flat company structure with an entrepreneurial environment with lots of autonomy and trust
- Fantastic nurturing team with a collaborative spirit, hungry for growth and knowledge
- Professional development opportunities that will help YOU and Vesper grow
- Environment that supports both personal and collective learning
- Work hard – play hard mentality and inquisitive mindset
- A chance to see your work make a real difference in the real world and change a traditional business impacting every day of our lives
- Great hangouts with brilliant people
- A beautiful canal-view office located in the heart of Amsterdam
- Some additional cool perks – MacBook Pro, fun monthly team activities, flexible office hours, Friday drinks, company sport tournaments, and more than that!