What we expect from this role
We are looking for a highly motivated Lead Software Developer who wants to grow and to help Vesper get to the next level.
As a Lead Software Developer at Vesper you will be working on building a complete new product – our B2B marketplace dedicated to agricultural commodity trading. For that, you will need to build a team of talented developers. You will collaborate with our Product Manager, CTO and CPO to bring Vesper one step closer to realizing our mission: connecting agricultural commodity players through independent intelligence to create smarter trade.
You are proactive and passionate about team and product, either as a specialist or generalist, and will get both the freedom and responsibility to bring Vesper to the next level.
What you will be doing
- Strategy – Develop a technical strategy for the team in collaboration with the CTO
- Team – Coach, train and maintain a team of happy and high performing colleagues by providing regular feedback through biweekly check ins, keep track of sick leave and approve holidays
- Development / Internal communication – Be a technical sparring partner and advisor for PM’s. Clearly define what is a good decision, push back when needed, keep balance between technical and business priorities. Do this autonomously
- Innovation – Keep up with technical innovations in the ecosystem and apply them within Vesper
- Reviews code written by other developers in the team. Checks if changes fit in architecture. Spots potential uncovered edge cases.
- Propose and perform technical tasks which arise from development team needs, detailed in
- Perform programming tasks detailed in tickets which arise from business needs.
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience in web development
- Analytical problem solving – applying a rigorous and structured method in breaking down and solving complex problems
- Caring and inspiring leadership – Teach and guide your team on their strengths, set aspiring goals for them, create a happy and healthy atmosphere
- Reliability and ownership – Be a reliable colleague who sticks to commitments and gets sh*t done
- Collaboration and communication – Work well together with other teams, both product as well as other development teams
- Critical thinking – Challenge others and yourself to always come up with the right questions and answers
- Strategic thinking – Being able to see the bigger picture of the product, and set the course for your team and Vesper as a whole in your field.
- Development – Analytical mindset to solve problems and to find ways to implement Focuses on making it work for 5 years from now.